What is Net Neutrality?
Net Neutrality is one of the most important digital rights issues of our time. This is an issue that affects everyone - even those who do not work in the technology sector.
Net Neutrality is the idea that all data on the Internet, regardless of who it comes from, its political affiliation, company, or who’s consuming it, should be treated the same way and should move at the same speed.
Net neutrality is why you can find and access any information you want to. It is also why you can set up your own website (for yourself, for your business, or for anything else) for next to nothing, and still have it available to everyone online.
Why Should I Care?
Net neutrality means that no matter what, you have the same access to information as everyone else. It also means that it’s easy to make your own voice heard online no matter who you are or what your beliefs are.
Telecoms should not control what you can see - especially since they own their own media networks. Net neutrality makes sure they don’t.
Improve this page. Fact check me, report errors, and suggest improvements here.
How Can I Help?
Add a filing to the FCC proceeding on net neutrality
First way (Pre-written letter):
- Go here
- Fill out the form
- Click “next” and follow the rest of the instructions
Second way (Do it yourself):
- Go here
- Click “+Express” towards the right of the page
- Fill out the form. Say that the FCC must protect net neutrality and that strong Title II classification and enforcement of ISPs is important to you.
- Click “Continue to Review Screen”
- Click confirm
Contact your representative(s)
Tell them that net neutrality with strong Title II classification of ISPs is important to you.
Articles on this site
- Go Comment on the FCC Net Neutrality Proposal
- The Fight for the Internet
- What Net Neutrality Is Not
- What a Non-Neutral Internet Might Look Like
- Your Internet Versus Your Privacy
- You Already Paid for Net Neutrality
- How Net Neutrality is Being Undermined
- Protecting Net Neutrality with Regulation
- Your City Can Provide Better, Cheaper Internet
- Innovation and a Neutral Internet
- Net Neutrality and Your Voice
- The Problems with Tiered Internet
- Why Zero Rating Actually Sucks
- How Data Caps Hurt the Internet
- Net Neutrality and Access to Information
- Why Internet Providers Don't Compete
- Explaining Net Neutrality
Resources on the web
- The future of the open internet — and our way of life — is in your hands
- What is Net Neutrality - American Civil Liberties Union
- Net Neutrality: What You Need to Know - savetheinternet.com, Presented By Freepress
- Net Neutrality - Wikipedia
- The Fight to Save Net Neutrality - savetheinternet.com, Presented By Freepress
- What Will a Non-Neutral Internet Really Be Like? - CBS MoneyWatch
- What is net neutrality and what does it mean for me? - USA Today
- Net Neutrality debate: Some insights from countries which have made it into a law - Tech2